Service Pack 3 for SQL Server 2008 includes product improvements based on requests from the SQL Server community and hotfix solutions provided in SQL Server 2008 SP2 Cumulative Updates 1 to 4.
Both the Service Pack and Feature Pack updates are available for download on the Microsoft Download Center.
The announcement was made at SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 3 Customer Technology Preview Available.
- Upgrade: Improved the experience for customers when upgrading SQL Server from previous versions and improving installation performance & robustness.
- SSIS: In SSIS, logs will now show total number of rows sent in Data Flows.
- Added warning message when creating the maintenance plan if the Shrink Database option is enabled.
- Fixed the permission issue on shared memory which caused SQLAgent.exe failed to run from command line.
- Improved the compatibility of WMI with Next Major Release.
- Full-Text Search: Full-text query was enhanced to support multiple-language stemming.
Getting Started with SQL Server
You can get started with SQL Server 2008 Developer Training Kit.
Learn more about the upcoming version of SQL Server. Download SQL Server ‘Denali’.
Bruce D. Kyle
ISV Architect Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation