The SketchFlow Template for Windows Phone 7 adds a new SketchFlow template for Expression Blend* users that makes creating a prototype of a Windows Phone app quick and easy. You can download it from here (CodePlex)
With this new template you can quickly mockup a Windows Phone app using all the SketchFlow features you already know and love, sketchy controls, sample data, Behaviors and the Visual State Manager. The prototype you create runs in the SketchFlow player enabling you to easily test, get feedback and quickly iterate on your ideas even if your client and stakeholders are remote to your location. For the SketchFlow phone template we have added a number of unique phone features to speed up the prototyping process such as pivot and panorama, date and time pickers, map controls, the application bar as well full screen mockups of features such as the camera, Bing search, the app list and home screen.
*Please note: To use the SketchFlow Template for Windows Phone 7 you need to be using Blend 4 with SketchFlow enabled (this is the version of Blend that comes with both Expression Studio 4 Ultimate and Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate) you also need to have the Mango developer tools for Windows Phone installed.
Getting Started on Windows Phone Development
Whether you’re a new or existing Windows Phone developer, now is the perfect time to take the next step and be what’s next in mobile. The checklist is simple:
- Register on App Hub at http://create.msdn.com. You’ll find training videos, labs, and free developer tools.
- Start a Windows Phone project and get ready for Mango with the new Beta Windows Phone Developer Tools 7.1
- Sign up for free technical and marketing support for your Windows Phone application on Microsoft Platform Ready.
ISV Videos on Windows Phone 7
For videos on how other ISVs got started developing for Windows Phone 7, see:
- XNA Game Development on Windows Phone 7 in One Sitting
- Windows Phone 7 Game Begins Life in WPF — Now a Silverlight, Ad Supported App
- Talking with Karmak.com about business applications on Windows Phone 7
- BinaryDads talk about building applications for Windows Phone 7
- Game Design and Development in Silverlight for Windows Phone 7
- Credit Card Processing for Windows Phone 7 on Windows Azure
- Crowd-Sourcing Public Sector App for Windows Phone, Azure
- Teenager Makes Money Writing Windows Phone 7 Apps with AdCenter
Wes Yanaga | Platform Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation