At Tech·Ed North America Microsoft announced that the next public community preview SQL Server Code Name “Denali” is expected in summer 2011.
To be among the first to download the next public CTP, customers can pre-register at www.microsoft.com/sqlserver.
Roadmap for SQL Server Codename ‘Denali’
SQL Server Code Name “Denali” is a cloud-ready information platform that will help organizations unlock breakthrough insights across the organization as well quickly build solutions and extend data across on-premises and public cloud backed by mission critical availability and performance.
New features in SQL Server Code Name “Denali” include:
- SQL Server AlwaysOn, a new, high availability solution delivering increased application availability, lower TCO and ease of use.
- Project codename “Apollo,” new column-store database technology delivering significantly greater query performance.
- SQL Server Development Tools project codename “Juneau,” unified environment for developing database, BI and web solutions providing streamlined application development for data developers.
- Project codename “Crescent,” a highly interactive, rapid data exploration and visualization solution designed to enable business users and decision makers to quickly discover meaningful insights from their data.
- Data integration and management, new and enhanced tools to deliver credible, consistent data to the right users at the right time, including new SQL Server Data Quality Services based on the technology from the Zoomix acquisition.
- Business Intelligence Semantic Mode, is single BI model for all end-user experiences, enabling developers to create rich BI applications through a multidimensional or tabular project.
Bruce D. Kyle
ISV Architect Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation