I recently had the pleasure of interviewing Dr. Ian Howells, the CMO of StorSimple, about the benefits of hybrid cloud storage leveraging the Windows Azure platform. StorSimple’s is the leader in application-optimized cloud storage for Microsoft Server applications. StorSimple's mission is to bring the benefits of the cloud to on-premises applications without forcing the migration of applications into the cloud. At the time of the interview, Ian was authoring an eBook about building an enterprise architecture for secure high-performance hybrid cloud storage. The eBook was recently released and can be downloaded here.
The books covers several topics including:
- The Potential of the Cloud and Elastic Cloud Storage
- Cloud Storage Myths
- The Cloud-as-a-Tier Architecture: An Integrated Enterprise Cloud Storage Strategy
- Instant Thin Provisioning for Big Content
- Deduplication, BlockRank and Automatic Tiering
- Security in a Cloud-as-a-Tier Architecture
- Fast Cloud Backup for Big Content
- Fast Cloud Restore for Big Content
- Disaster Recovery using Cloud-as-a-Tier
- and more…
For More Information:
Please visit StorSimple
About: Dr. Ian Howells
Ian drives corporate marketing strategy and operations activities globally for StorSimple. He is a 20+ year industry veteran and a pioneer in high-volume inbound marketing for enterprise software. Prior to StorSimple, Ian was the CMO at Alfresco where he was core part of the team that built it from a startup to the largest private open source company in the world and the clear leader in open source Enterprise Content Management. Prior to Alfresco, Howells was responsible for worldwide marketing at SeeBeyond before its acquisition by SUN. Howells was the first employee of Documentum in Europe where he had both European marketing and global marketing roles. Ian started his career at Ingres where he worked initially in engineering and then in marketing roles.
Getting Started with Windows Azure
See the Getting Started with Windows Azure site for links to videos, developer training kit, software developer kit and more. Get free developer tools too.
FREE OFFER: If you want to try free without a credit card, Windows Azure platform 30 day pass (US Developers) No Credit Card Required - Use Promo Code: DPWE01.
FREE MICROSOFT OFFICE + $250 FOR MARKETING YOUR PRODUCT ON AZURE: See Screenshot at the Finishing Line Means $250 and Microsoft Office.
Learn What Other ISVs Are Doing on Windows Azure
For other videos about independent software vendors (ISVs):
- Accumulus Makes Subscription Billing Easy for Windows Azure
- Azure Email-Enables Lists, Low-Cost Storage for SharePoint
- Crowd-Sourcing Public Sector App for Windows Phone, Azure<
- Food Buster Game Achieves Scalability with Windows Azure
- BI Solutions Join On-Premises To Windows Azure Using Star Analytics Command Center
- NewsGator Moves 3 Million Blog Posts Per Day on Azure.
- How Quark Promote Hosts Multiple Tenants on Windows Azure