Verify your application compatible in Microsoft Platform Ready with Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server Express, SQL Server 2008 R2 or Windows Azure between today and May 31, 2011 to receive a free copy of Microsoft Office Professional 2010.
In a few steps, you verify your application is compatible and receive marketing benefits to help your company grow.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must use the same Live ID in both Microsoft Platform Ready and Microsoft Partner Network. There is no test to pass. But your MRP account must be linked to your Microsoft Partner Network ID.
Eligible companies that register a compatible application on the http://www.microsoftplatformready.com site shall receive a copy of Microsoft Office Professional 2010 “Not for Resale” edition.
How to Verify Your Application is Compatible
1. If you haven’t done so, sign up for Microsoft Partner Network. It’s free. As a member of the Microsoft Partner Network, you’ll have access to benefits that can help you deliver and support creative solutions that add customer value and position you as a trusted advisor. All organizations have a home within the Microsoft Partner Network. And new membership opportunities help ensure that our partners can thrive.
2. If you haven’t done so, sign up for Microsoft Platform Ready.
3. Sign into Microsoft Platform Ready with the same LiveID you used for your MPN membership.
4. Register your application. You’ll be asked about the name of your application and the technologies that it works on.
5. You can self-verify that your software works with SQL Server and the other technologies. This is a self-verification to let us know that you are compatible. You do not have to perform the MPR Tests to verify your app.
Click Test tab, then click Verify, then click the versions that your software is compatible with. Note: Self-verification will not count for the ISV Competency but will qualify you for the marketing benefits in MPR.
Once you mark your application compatible, you’ll see it listed in MPR.
(In my example I opted in to share my results on Facebook, but such sharing is optional.)
To participate in this promotion company must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Company must be legally domiciled within the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia), and;
- Company must be an active member of the MPN and MPR programs, and;
- Before May 31, 2011, company must register or sign in to Microsoft Platform Ready and profile a compatible application for any of the following qualifying Microsoft products: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server Express, SQL Server 2008 R2 or Windows Azure.
NOTE: Only the first new compatible application per qualifying technology per company will be accepted. By registering a compatible application company confirms that you have either self-verified that the application is compatible or successfully completed the online compatibility test. The Live ID used to register the compatible application shall be used to identify company’s representative.
Only the first new compatible application per qualifying technology per company will be accepted. This offer is limited to a maximum of four gifts per company. While supplies last as promotion is limited to the first 2,500 registered compatible applications on MPR.
Be Sure Your MPR Account Is Linked to MPN
We need the information in Microsoft Platform Network to send you your copy of Office Professional, so you’ll want to be sure the two accounts are linked.
Log into Microsoft Platform Ready using your LiveID. Click Edit Profile.
Check the bottom of the page to see if you’re accounts are linked.
If not, click Microsoft Partner link and sign in.
Your copy of Office Professional awaits.
Take the Next Step
Once you have verified your app is compatible, you can take the next step and test your application. Testing your app is optional to the offer, but there are more benefits by passing the test and sending the results to MPR. You’ll be taking one of the steps to earn the ISV Competency, which will help your company receive licenses for Microsoft software. Download the tool to get started.
About Microsoft Platform Ready
Microsoft Platform Ready (MPR) is designed to give you what you need to plan, build, test and take your solution to market. We’ve brought a range of platform development tools together in one place, including technical, support and marketing resources, as well as exclusive offers.
Whether you’re building simple add-ins, rich client applications, complex client and server solutions or planning your future with cloud services, you can access training, support, testing and marketing resources to help you take your solution to market faster.
Bruce D. Kyle
ISV Architect Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation