The site for MIX was created in WordPress on Windows Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008 R2.
The team describes how designers and Web developers work closely together to create the product for visitmix.
They also describe how to use TypeKit to provide fonts that are not web-safe. TypeKit allowed them to create cool sites that are optimized for search engines (SEO) without using images.
For more information about Okapi, see Okapi, Endless Mural with HTML5 and IE9 on Channel 9.
Plexipixel is a full service digital agency who creates solutions that incorporate “Unexpectedly Sticky Brand Play”. Their process is user-focused that gets measurable results.
The MIX Online team enlisted for Plexipixel’s deep WordPress experience to help design and develop a new informational website, WordPress on Microsoft.
Other Videos for ISV
For other videos of interest to ISVs, see:
- Quark Extends SharePoint for Dynamic Publishing
- Slingbox Maker Sling Media Describes Cross-Platform Commitment to Silverlight
- Credit Card Processing for Windows Phone 7 on Windows Azure
- The BinaryDads talk about building applications for Windows Phone 7
- Talking with Karmak.com about business applications on Windows Phone 7
- Avalara talks about the challenges of Sales Tax solutions and their cloud computing initiatives
For more news, tips, and links to developer training, see the US ISV Community blog.
Bruce D. Kyle
ISV Architect Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation