LightSwitch is a rapid development tool for building business applications. LightSwitch simplifies the development process, letting you concentrate on the business logic and doing much of the remaining work for you. By using LightSwitch, an application can be designed, built, tested, and in your user’s hands quickly.
In fact, it is possible to create a LightSwitch application without writing a single line of code. For most applications, the only code you have to write is the code that only you can write: the business logic.
An updated LightSwitch Developer Center on MSDN shows you how to get started. The site includes links to the download site, How-Do I videos, tutorials, the developer training kit and forums.
LightSwitch allows ISVs to create your own shells, themes, screen templates and more. We are working with partners and control vendors to create these extensions so you will see a lot more available as the ecosystem grows.
Also check out the team blog that describes how you can get started with LightSwitch:
- How To Use Lookup Tables with Parameterized Queries
- How To Create a Custom Search Screen
- How Do I: Import and Export Data to/from a CSV file
- How Do I: Create and Use Global Values In a Query
- How Do I: Filter Items in a ComboBox or Modal Window Picker in LightSwitch
- How to Communicate across LightSwitch Screens
- How to create a RIA service wrapper for OData Source
- How to Configure a Machine to Host a 3-tier LightSwitch Beta 1 Application
Bruce D. Kyle
ISV Architect Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation