Microsoft Web Farm Framework is a free product for you to easily provision and mange a farm of web servers. It enables you to:
- Automate the installation and configuration of platform components across the server farm,
- Automatically synchronize and deploy ASP.NET applications across them.
It also supports integration with load balancers - and enables you to automate updates across your servers so that your site/application is never down or unavailable to customers (it can automatically pull servers one-at-a-time out of the load balancer rotation, update them, and then inject them back into rotation).
Web Farm Framework Features
Web Farm Framework provides:
- Seamless Provisioning and Deployment
- Elastic Scale and Load Balancing
- Simplified Server and Farm Management
More Information and Download
Scott Guthrie explains in his blog post Introducing the Microsoft Web Farm Framework:
- Why Is the Web Farm Framework Useful?
- Using Web Farm Framework to Provision and Scale a Web Farm
- Scenario Walkthrough: Setting up and Provisioning a Web Farm
- Managing a Web Farm
- Platform Provisioning using the Web Farm Framework
- Application Provisioning using the Web Farm Framework
- Running Operations and Managing the Server Farm
For information on how you can use Web Farm Framework in your development efforts, see
Bruce D. Kyle
ISV Architect Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation