A white paper that answers many of the customer frequently asked questions about Windows Azure is now available for download. The white paper provides details on how Windows Azure provides confidentiality, integrity, and availability of customer data. It also provides detail on how we provide accountability for customers and their agents to track administration of services.
The paper provides a technical examination of the security functionality available from both the customer's and Microsoft operations' perspectives, the people and processes that help make Windows Azure more secure. There is also a brief discussion about compliance.
The paper is for developers who write applications and for technical decision makers considering Windows Azure to support new or existing services.
The paper describes:
- What a typical customer “sees” when approaching Windows Azure.
- Identity and access management.
- Isolation: How Azure keeps different data appropriately segregated.
- Windows Azure's Storage subsystem makes customer data unavailable once delete operations are called.
- How Azure stores data to insure its integrity.
- The physical security measures employed.
- Compliance and certifications.
Getting Started with Windows Azure
- Free support for your Windows Azure development available on Microsoft Platform Ready.
- New to Windows Azure? Learn about what you can accomplish here
- Ready to start building with Windows Azure? Download free Azure Tools & SDK
- Need to know pricing? Compare all of our Windows Azure platform packages.
- Free Windows Azure Developer Training
- Get Your Windows Azure One Month Pass for August.
Bruce D. Kyle
ISV Architect Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation