A new white paper helps you understand the concepts of identity in Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products, how Kerberos authentication plays a very important role in authentication and delegation scenarios, and the situations where Kerberos authentication should be used or may be required in solution designs. The concepts are important for your applications that work with SQL’s business intelligence and reporting functionality.
The document also shows how to configure Kerberos authentication end-to-end within your environment, including scenarios that use various service applications in Microsoft SharePoint Server. Additional tools and resources are described to help you test and validate Kerberos configuration.
The "Step-by-Step Configuration" sections of this document cover the following scenarios for SharePoint Server 2010.
- Scenario 1: Core Configuration
- Scenario 2: Kerberos Authentication for SQL OLTP
- Scenario 3: Identity Delegation for SQL Analysis Services
- Scenario 4: Identity Delegation for SQL Reporting Services
- Scenario 5: Identity Delegation for Excel Services
- Scenario 6: Identity Delegation for Power Pivot for SharePoint
- Scenario 7: Identity Delegation for Visio Services
- Scenario 8: Identity Delegation for Performance Point Services
- Scenario 9: Identity Delegation for Business Connectivity Services
You can get the white paper from MS Download Center: Configuring Kerberos Authentication for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products.
Bruce D. Kyle
ISV Architect Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation