Jason Zander has announced the general availability of the release candidate (RC) of Visual Studio 2010 in his blog post Visual Studio 2010 / .NET Framework 4 RC Ready for General Download.
The release candidate (RC) bits are now ready for general download here.
In his post, he provides a FAQ. He’s a quick summary:
- Silverlight 3 is supported in the release.
- Express Editions will be available on release in April.
- You should uninstall Beta 2 before installing the RC.
- VS 2010 runs along side VS 2008.
- The RC bits expire June 20.
If you find issues, please do report them via the Connect site.
Get Started Using New Features
For more information about what is in the release of Visual Studio 2010, see Visual Studio 2010 Quick Hit Videos.
To get started using the new features of Visual Studio 2010, see Visual Studio 2010, .NET 4 Release Date Set.
You can get started learning more about the features in Visual Studio first hand:
- Visual Studio 2010 Release Candidate Walkthroughs on MSDN
- .NET Framework 4 Application Compatibility Walkthrough
- New Features in .NET Framework 4 and Visual Studio 2010, Beta 2. on MSDEV
Bruce D. Kyle
ISV Architect Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation