BizSpark is celebrating its first anniversary. BizSpark, a global program designed to catalyze the success of entrepreneurs by making Microsoft’s end-to-end software solutions available to early-stage startups with no upfront costs.
More than 25,000 startups in over 100 countries have joined BizSpark. One year out, this community is starting to become a self-sustaining entity — BizSpark partners are cross-pollinating and developing their own networks and connections, all aimed at helping startups achieve their dreams of success.
Announcing BizSpark One
Last week at Professional Developers Conference (PDC09), Microsoft announced the launch of Microsoft BizSpark One, the latest expansion of the BizSpark program.
BizSpark One has been designed to catalyze the growth of selected high-potential startups through a one-on-one relationship with Microsoft and a global community of advisors, investors and peers. At the time of launch, BizSpark One will be available in 10 countries: Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Israel, Russia, the U.K. and the U.S.
“The idea behind BizSpark One is to cast a finer net using Silicon Valley best practices, and then lift the net up to find the startups that are most likely to succeed in the market and shape the industry’s future,” says Dan’l Lewin, corporate vice president for Strategic and Emerging Business Development at Microsoft. “Following the filtering process, our local subsidiaries in 10 countries will partner with the corporate team to help these startups to become the ‘ones to watch’ within the BizSpark program.”
What BizSpark Offers Startups
Another announcement at PDC 2009 is the offering of free Windows Azure platform cloud computing use. To kick-start development on this platform, BizSpark partners will receive 750 free compute hours per month for eight months.
BizSpark is designed to give startups access to the tools, support and visibility they need, when they need it the most. Through BizSpark you gain access to:
- Software. Receive fast and easy access to current full-featured Microsoft development tools, platform technologies, and production licenses.
- Support. Each of your developers will get access to a MSDN Premium subscription. You'll also get connected a global community of technical and business development experts.
- Visibility. Achieve global visibility to an audience of potential investors, clients and partners.
Check to see if you qualify – most privately held software development startups in business for less than 3 years that are generating annual revenue under USD $1 million can join.
Join Microsoft BizSpark.
- Get current full-featured Microsoft development tools and production licenses
- No upfront costs and minimal requirements (Enrollment is free, just pay a USD $100 program offering fee at program exit.)
- Get support, training and marketing visibility
- Get guidance and mentorship from Network Partners
Bruce D. Kyle
ISV Architect Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation