You’re invited to attend a virtual deep dive for developers who are actively working on projects to leverage the Windows Server 2008 R2 features December 8-10, 2009.
This event is a 3-day remote-access "code-fest" type event for developers. The event is for Microsoft Partners and customers seeking to incorporate R2 features into their new or existing applications and enterprise solutions. Participation occurs entirely within an online collaboration infrastructure and requires an Internet connection to attend. Participants are welcome world-wide.
The event includes demos, a hands-on virtual lab environment where you can try out the technology, chalk talks where you can Ask-the-Experts, and individual sessions on topics of your interest.
Key topics of the deep dive sessions:
- “Multi-Core Scale” Application Development with Windows Server 2008 R2
- The Parallel Computing Platform for .NET and C++ Application Developers
- The Extensible Web Platform and How to Write IIS 7.x Extensions
- The Web Platform for PHP Developers
- VHD and Hyper-V APIs
- Using Server Core in your data center
To be nominated for the event, contact me with your email (so I can get back to you), a brief description of your project and how it leverages one of these key features:
- Multicore Processor Group APIs
- Server Core + (.NET, ASP.NET, PHP, or WWSAPI)
- PowerShell 2.0
- "Branch Cache" P2P or WinHTTP/HTTP.SYS Solutions
- VHD virtualized environment for test, evaluation or production
- Hyper-V WMI programming interface
I will help get you the required non disclosure agreement and nomination into Metro program which is producing this event. The program is limited to the first 50 who enroll.
For more information for developers about Windows Servers 2008 R2, see The New Efficiency virtual launch event.
Bruce D. Kyle
ISV Architect Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation