MSDEV has a new series of free training for developers and Web designers on how to prototype your next application. You can use SketchFlow to help build your application so designers and developers can work together to build out a completed application. The series is entitled Introduction to Prototyping with Sketchflow in Expression Blend 3.
Discover Sketchflow, a new feature set in Expression Blend 3 that helps you define the concept for user experiences in early stages of the design process. Begin with sketches, move to wireframes and then to protoype. It works with both simple or high definition applications. Use Sketchflow to communicate your ideas and gather feedback on how well it actually works for your users.
The series includes these classes:
- Introducing SketchFlow with Expression Blend 3
- Adding Navigation Screens in SketchFlow with Expression Blend 3
- Building basic layout in SketchFlow with Expression Blend 3
- Using SketchStyle controls to enhance a SketchFlow layout with Expression Blend 3
- Working with components in a SketchFlow project with Expression Blend 3
- Adding Navigation to buttons in SketchFlow with Expression Blend 3
- Working with States in SketchFlow with Expression Blend 3
- Working with the SketchFlow Animation panel with Expression Blend 3
- Working with Behaviors in SketchFlow with Expression Blend 3
- Using Sample Data in SketchFlow with Expression Blend 3
- Adding feedback and annotations in the SketchFlow player with Expression Blend 3
- Exporting your SketchFLow project with Expression Blend 3
Microsoft Expression Studio opens up a new world of creative possibility. Its professional design tools give you the freedom to make your vision real—whether you’re designing for standards-based Web sites, rich desktop experiences using WPF,or Silverlight.
SketchFlow is part of Expression Blend. Expression Blend is the tool for interaction design on the Silverlight and .NET platforms and enables user experience concepts to be delivered with full fidelity, from the initial prototype to the completed project.
You can rapidly evolve your prototypes utilizing the full functionality of Expression Blend 3 with no limit to the scope of a prototype. Mock-up functional, data-driven user interfaces with data binding and sample data. Apply rich interactivity with Behaviors, without writing code, using extensible libraries of packaged interactivity building blocks. The ability to integrate with existing workflows by importing Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator files at full fidelity; preserving layers, vectors and even most text formatting accelerates your workflow further.
You can download a trial version at Microsoft Expression Blend 3 + SketchFlow Trial. Expression Blend + SketchFlow is part of your MSDN subscription, so many partners may already have it in house.
To view the videos, see Introduction to Prototyping with Sketchflow in Expression Blend 3 on MSDEV. To see other videos about Expression, see Expression on MSDEV.
Bruce D. Kyle
ISV Architect Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation