SharePoint Conference 2009 will be the conference to learn about SharePoint 2010. Be the first to learn about the improvements we’ve made to the platform and how many of those investments can be quickly implemented to add value to your organization and businesses.
If you’re an IT Professional, an IT Decision Maker, an Architect or a Developer you’ll find a deep set of technical content to give you a kick start for SharePoint 2010 and further your skills and knowledge with SharePoint Server 2007.
We’ll have more pure developer content than ever before, covering both current and future technology. Want to learn about Application Lifecycle Management? We’ll have it. Want to learn about coding best practices and tools? It’ll be here!
Don’t miss out on the biggest SharePoint event of the year! REGISTER NOW to attend October 2009 19 – 22 in Las Vegas, NV.
SharePoint for Developers
You can use Visual Studio 2010 and SharePoint Designer 2010 to build on the SharePoint platform. Developers get rich set of out-of-the box features such as Business Connectivity Services for read/write integration between external application data, the Web, and the Office 2010 client.
Visual Studio 2010 includes new tools for creating, packaging, and debugging SharePoint solutions. These include
- A new designer for building Web Parts.
- A new designer for Business Connectivity Services Entities (formerly named BDC Entities)
- Designers for creating SharePoint solutions, features, and more
- Integrates support with Visual Studio Team Foundation including source code control and team build.
- LINQ for Sharepoint offers developers strongly typed access to SharePoint lists. Use the LINQ syntax and list joins and projections.
- Developer Dashboard can be enabled on any SharePoint page for development and debugging.
For more information about SharePoint 2010 for developers, see SharePoint 2010 Developer Video.
Bruce D. Kyle
ISV Architect Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation