S. Somasegar, Senior Vice President of Microsoft Developer Division, has announced in a blog posting, Microsoft BizSpark: Serving 15,000 startups and counting!
Microsoft BizSpark is a program that helps early-stage startups succeed by providing Microsoft software, support and visibility at no upfront cost.
You can qualify for BizSpark if your business
- Develops software
- Is privately held
- Less than three years old
- Making less than US $1M annually
The 15,000 participating companies innovate in areas such as social networking, software services, healthcare, education, mobility, entertainment, and finance. These startups are successfully building on the Windows platform.
Participating companies receive:
- Fast and easy access to Microsoft tools and technologies, for their immediate use in design, development, testing, demonstration, and hosted application production and deployment.
- Professional Technical Support from Microsoft, including, for entrepreneurs working with early adopter technologies: access to unlimited email support, online training and invitations to local technical events.
- The opportunity for global visibility on the MicrosoftStartupZone Website via the BizSparkDB, an online Startup directory
To learn more about or join BizSpark, visit BizSpark on Startup Zone.
Bruce D. Kyle
ISV Architect Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation