MSDev.com is providing a set of free online courses for developers for Windows Server 2008 R2. Built on the proven foundation of Windows Server technology, the R2 release expands on existing technology and adds a host of new features.
In this series of webcasts, you’ll get to know Windows Server 2008 R2, learn about what’s changed and get a jump start on developing for this new platform.
Introducing Windows Server 2008 R2 is for developers. Sessions include:
- Introduction to New Features. This session introduces you to all of the new features contained within the upcoming release of the Server platform.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Kernel Changes. This session covers key enhancements in the Windows Server 2008 R2 kernel and related core components, including performance, multi-core, power efficiency, security, management, virtualization, componentization and layering.
- Server Core Application Development. This session defines and explains the purpose of the Windows 2008 R2 server core, and demonstrates some of the considerations involved in writing .NET code for a server core installation.
- Remote Desktop & Remote Apps. Some of the new capabilities in R2 such as Multimedia and DirectX Redirection have improved the landscape for administrators when it comes to RDP connections. This course will delve into some of the details and improvements found in the new release.
- Web Server Improvements. This session looks at the new IIS 7.5 and some of the capabilities that come with it such as improved FTP as well as the new management tools like Configuration Editor and Enhanced Auditing.
Each class is between 45 and 60 minutes.
MSDev provides training solutions for developers and ISVs.