This free online video training series, Looking at Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4.0 in the Technology Community Preview, for developers is an early look at the new Visual Studio 2010 and the .NET Framework 4.0. It includes sessions covering Visual Studio 2010, .NET 4.0 Framework, ASP.NET AJAX 4.0, Velocity, Parallel Computing, Test Driven Development, and Visual Studio Team System 2010.
Each session is a half hour to hour long. Here are the sessions and released dates:
- Introduction to .NET 4.0. This course provides an overview of new features include the Managed Extension Framework (MEF), theading, and design by contract. Also includes a discussion of the various types of managed languages including the object-oriented languages (C#, C++, VB), the new Dynamic Languages (Iron Python and Iron Ruby), and the Functional Language F#.
- New Features in Visual Studio 2010. This course demonstrates some of the new features in the Visual Studio IDE, including the new start page, the code editor, the XML schema editor, and new tools for web development and deployment.
- ASP.NET AJAX 4.0. This course provides an introduction to ASP.NET AJAX 4.0, focusing on the new client-side controls and templating capabilities, including the dataview control.
- Introducing Velocity. Available On Demand Starting on June 22. Introduces the new Velocity service for data caching, including how to install and administer it, and how to consume it using its client API.
- Parallel Computing with Visual Studio 2010. Available On Demand Starting on June 22. Introduces the new Parallel Extensions .NET library that supports data parallelism, task parallelism, and the data structures used to make coordination easier.
- Test Driven Development. Available On Demand Starting on July 1. Highlights and demonstrates several new features that support a test-driven development (TDD).
- Visual Studio Team System 2010 Part 1. Available On Demand Starting on July 1. Covers these new features of Visual Studio Team System 2010: Planning, reporting, team building and communication, parallel development, administration, bug tracking.
- Visual Studio Team System 2010 Part 2. Available On Demand Starting on July 1. Covers these new features of Visual Studio Team System 2010: Testing, code validation, regression testing, impact analysis, requirement tracking, virtual environments, meeting performance goals.
MSDev provides free online classes for developers and ISVs.