This series introduces Windows 7 with an emphasis on those new features that will be of most interest and use to developers. It consists of: two introductory sessions, one focusing on the new user interface, and one on behind-the-scenes features, two hour-long sessions that cover compatibility and security issues, six shorter sessions which focus on coding for a single new feature.
Here’s a quick listing of the individual videos:
- Windows 7 Introduction – The New User Interface
- Windows 7 Introduction – New Features for Developers
- Windows 7 Compatibility
- Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility
- Windows 7 Feature: Taskbar and Jump Lists
- Windows 7 Feature: Federated Search
- Windows 7 Feature: The Windows 7 Ribbon
- Windows 7 Feature: Instrumentation and Performance
- Windows 7 Feature: Background Service and Tasks
- Windows 7 Feature: Energy Efficiency
For server developers, these features also apply to your Windows Server 2008 R2 development.
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 are scheduled to ship for the holidays. Both are available to you as release candidate. Windows 7 Logo Toolkit beta will be available soon for you to test and qualify for the Compatible with Windows 7 logo.
For more information, see: