For those of you who write PHP applications, the kit that helps show you how to integrate with the Microsoft stack has been updated. You can download the kit from PHP on Windows Training Kit (April 2009).
The PHP on Windows Training Kit includes a comprehensive set of technical content including demos and hands-on labs to help you understand how to build PHP applications using Windows, IIS 7 and SQL Server 2008. This release includes the following:
PHP & SQL Server Demos
- Integrating SQL Server Geo-Spatial with PHP
- SQL Server Reporting Services and PHP
PHP & SQL Server Hands On Labs
- Introduction to Using SQL Server with PHP
- Using Full Text Search over Office Documents in PHP
- IIS Access Control Features for PHP
- Using IIS 7.0 Media Features in a PHP Application
- Troubleshooting PHP
- Migrating PHP Applications to IIS 7.0
You can also try deep dive labs for PHP on Windows. For more information about the virtual labs, see Explore How to Migrate PHP Applications to Windows in Virtual Lab.
Use the SQL Server Driver for PHP is now available for download on the MSDN download site. The source code to the update has been published on the CodePlex site. For more information, see PHP Driver for SQL Server, Source Code Released.