The Client Profile Configuration Designer helps you customize the end-user deployment experience using the Client Profile. Client Profile is a subset of assemblies already contained within .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1, but with a smaller deployment, faster client deployment boot. Client Profile includes Common Language Runtime (CLR), ClickOnce, Windows Forms, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Windows Communications Foundation (WCF). In short, you get all the things you need for a Windoww Form or WPF application.
Client Profile Configuration Designer was announced at PDC.
The customizations allowed using the Client Profile Configuration Designer are:
Customization of the user interface
- Customize the size, position, framing, background colors, fonts, etc. of the installation window
- Choose to display the license agreements required by the products being installed
- Choose whether or not to acknowledge the end of the installation process or immediately launch an application
Choosing the products to deploy with your application
- Choosing the products to deploy with your application
- Choose what prerequisites are required by the application and install them
Choosing how to deploy your application
- Application deployment can be done over the web or from Media for an “offline” deployment experience