The next version of Visual Studio 2008 Team System is currently referred to with the Codename "Rosario". In a series of blog posts I will explore the new features of this new release. Today, I will start with a very high level overview to get a feel on what we can expect.
VS 2008 Team System is the back-end of VS 2008 and it offers features such as:
- Version control management
- Work-item tracking
- Build environment
- Reporting and Business Intelligence on project status, performance, and quality metrics
- Customizable process templates
- Integration with MS Office
- Team portal for team collaboration
For more information on product comparisons and new features within VS 2008 check out the product comparison @ http://msdn.com/en-us/vsts2008/products/cc149003.aspx
So what are the advancements that "Rosario" promises? The focus of the next release of VS 2008 TS is on business relevance, quality, and improved collaboration.
There is not enough room to go over all the new features that will be coming but some cool new key features, I am excited about in "Rosario", are:
- Integration with Microsoft Project Server
- Project management across multiple projects
- Full trace-ability from requirements to tests
- Comprehensive metrics and dashboards
- Advancements in work item management and communication and collaboration
You can download the latest CTP of "Rosario" here .
So what is next? When can we expect a new Version? Well I don’t know ;-), but my guess is that we will see an new version of a CTP soon. I will play with the new version and go into more details to show you some of the cool new features. So stay tuned I will post more on this topic on this channel…….