We recently put this list of resources together for an ISV.
Here’s some great info, if you are in the process of evaluating or trying to bring Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) into your organization. These links provide great support when you are creating a cost benefit analysis. All of my ISV’s have gone through this process in order to get management to approve a new Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) solution.
Cost Benefit Analysis – ROI, Case Studies, ALM Best Practices, ALM Assessment Etc..
- Awesome ROI tool – http://www.microsoft.com/click/usapo/usdev/meet-milestones/default.mspx
- You can download the "VS-TFS Booklet.pdf" for additional case studies (http://cid-08de907e452a5557.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Blog%20Attachments/VS-TFS%20Booklet.pdf)
VSTS/TFS Virtual LABS and Hosted Trial
- You can sue this virtual lab to get your folks familiar with VSTS and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Visual Basic 6 -> Team Foundation Server 2008 MSSCCI Provider
- This is great for organizations that are currently using or migrating from VB6 and still need to be able to develop VB6 code for their solutions.
- with VSTS, you are covered, so that you can still develop and maintain your legacy VB6 code while using TFS.
Notion Solutions Virtual Training:
- Notion Solutions has some great training and a massive amount of content on their site.
- Notions Virtual Training FAQ: http://www.notionsolutions.com/training/etraining/Pages/default.aspx
- Team System Rocks is another huge resource for find information and training on VSTS/TFS (http://teamsystemrocks.com/files/default.aspx)
VSTS – Rosario Update:
- The following link explains the upgrade assurance associated with VSTS 2008 and moving to Rosario when it is released.
- Future releases are covered under "Select Agreement" benefits and would provide upgrade rights to VSTS futures i.e. Rosario with no additional cost.
- Check out the info on Rosario – http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vsts2008/bb725993.aspx