Today we launched Windows Embedded Standard 2009, the successor to Windows XP Embedded. You can get info at the launch site, but here’s just a few of the key facts:
- Built on the trusted, secure Windows XP kernel – now with SP3.
- Additional embedded features (write filters, custom shell, etc.).
- 12000+ components to choose from for customized OS images.
- New functionality: NETFx 3.5, Silverlight, IE7, WMP 11, RDP 6.1.
- 10 years of professional support, starting at RTM in September 2008.
- Smooth upgrade path from XP Embedded.
- Toolkit Replacement Program: Buy the XP Embedded toolset (Windows Embedded Studio) today, get the WES 2009 toolkit for free when it RTMs.