Several developer technologies have been announced this week at the Office Developer Conference that ISVs can use to extend the familiar 2007 Office System user interface.
- Office Live Small Business Winter ’08 edition.
- New Office Business Application (OBA) sample application kits for SAP and Peoplesoft.
- Version 1.1 of Visual Studio Extensions for Windows SharePoint Services.
- The release to manufacturing (RTM) of the BizTalk adapter pack.
- A new OBA component library for financial services.
Office Business Applications (OBA) turn document-based processes into real applications. Office Live Small Business Winter ’08 release provides a developer opportunity to service more than 550,000 small businesses. The BizTalk Adapter pack is a set of application adapters for Siebel, SAP, and Oracle to enable customers to surface line-of-business data directly into familiar interfaces such as 2007 Office system or any client using web services.