Announcing open registration for the Platform Adoption Tool Beta Program! The Platform Adoption Tool is an application registration system designed to provide you, the Software Vendor, and Microsoft with information about how applications use Microsoft technology. By registering your application with Microsoft you’re eligible for the following benefits:
- Detailed Dependency Reports.
- Proactive Compatibility Reports
· Potential Access to Technology Adoption Programs
- Microsoft Partner Program Partner Points (In calendar year 2007 (date TBD), you will be able to collect Microsoft Partner Points for applications registered with the Platform Adoption Tool. Applications registered today will be counted for points in the future.)
Your application must contain managed code to register, and must either be installed on your machine or accessible via a mapped network drive. In addition to these requirements, you must use Internet Explorer 6.0 or greater and have the .NET Framework 2.0 installed.
The Beta release of the Platform Adoption Tool includes the ability to:
- Register your applications and submit technology usage data using the Platform Adoption Wizard
- View all applications submitted by your Microsoft Partner Program Organization
- Modify details or update your submission
While the beta release of the Platform Adoption Tool does not include an online detailed dependency report, as a participant in the program you will be emailed a detailed dependency report in Excel Spreadsheet format.
To sign up please contact your ISV Developer Evangelist.