For the February release, Visual Studio Team Services features 17 radical improvements!
For starters, let’s get into the details of the new ability to search on Visual Studio Marketplace!
Search on Visual Studio Marketplace
Search has been a highly requested feature for Visual Studio Marketplace. With this release we are bringing in basic search support for Visual Studio Marketplace in Visual Studio Team Services and Visual Studio Code extensions. Integrated search is currently not supported for the Visual Studio extensions; searching for the same will currently redirect you to a new tab with results shown from the Visual Studio Gallery.
17 New Features
Now, let’s take a look at the list of all the new February features:
- Package Management Extension now available in Europe & Australia
- Search on Visual Studio Marketplace
- Work item query charts in the dashboard catalog
- Cumulative flow diagram widget
- Build retention
- Flexible build policy for Git
- SonarQube Quality Gates in Build
- RM: UI extensibility
- SCVMM Integration extension
- Exploratory Testing extension
- Standalone Mode
- Avoiding duplicate bugs
- Web-based reports for load tests
- Azure SQL Database Deployment task
- Delete Test Plan
- Kanban board keyboard shortcuts
That’s 17 big improvements for VSTS! A lot of the improvements above are actually small buckets with multiple updates in them!
Find the details for each of those features for the February release of Visual Studio Team Services:
Have a good buy.
– Ninja Ed