The Community Council is a small group of members from both Microsoft and the Community. The Community Council takes responsibility for the following goals and tasks:
- Represents the Wiki community members to the community as a whole and to Microsoft.
- Arbitrates disagreements between Wiki members over edits and/or policy change/feature change requests.
- Recommends policy changes.
- Maintains and enforces the Code of Conduct.
- Fosters, incubates, and curates community.
- Collect TNWiki bugs and feature requests, and then represent the community to the Wiki app team.
- Facilitates community and social opportunities, including the Wiki Ninjas blog, the Wiki Ninjas Twitter account, the TechNet Wiki forum, and other social and community projects
- Cross-linking and portal growth and expansion
- Spam identification and deletion
- Featuring TechNet Wiki articles
The Community Council is modeled on the Ubuntu Leadership Code of Conduct , whose “foremost goal is ensuring that their team members and team succeed.”
Early tasks the Council included clarifying policies around plagiarism and non-English content.
2013 current members include:
Microsoft Employees (4)
- Brent Groom - Profile
- Luiz Henrique Lima Campos - Profile
- Peter Laker (aka XAMLguy) - Profile
- Luigi Bruno - Profile
- Steef-Jan Wiggers - Profile
- Margriet Bruggeman - Profile
- Ana Paula de Almeida - Profile
- Richard Mueller - Profile
Members serve for one-year terms. New terms begin in January of each year. There is no limit on the number of consecutive one-year terms a member may serve.
The team members sign up to work on 10 areas of focus each month (1 per person). See the Community Council Areas of Focus (a new concept started in 2013). That page includes future areas of focus to add in future months as we cycle through the different focus areas.
- Getting Started
- Code of Conduct
- Archive of Meeting Minutes for the Community Council
- TechNet Wiki Community Council Members
- TechNet Wiki Community Council: How to Become a Member
This article is also available the following languages: