Today's featured article:
This article presents a list of common questions and answers related to Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
If you need an answer that is not covered on this page or linked to by this page, you will probably get it quickest through search. However, if you cannot find the answer, you can post your certificate services questions to the Windows Server Security Forum. Please, be sure to search the forum before posting, to see if that question has already been answered in another thread. If you find that you've got a commonly asked question and answer, please, add it to this article.
There are several places to look, depending on your operating system version. The resources by supported operating system are:
- Windows Server 2003 Events and Errors Message Center
- Windows Server 2008 Events and Errors for Active Directory Certificate Services
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Events and Errors for Active Directory Certificate Services
The following resources elaborate on the differences between the two server versions:
- Active Directory Certificate Services Features by SKU
- AD CS in Windows Server 2008 versus AD CS in Windows Server 2008 R2
You can find more questions and answers in the article:
- User Ed