Recently, the SharePoint Product Team released information regarding the next version of SharePoint; SharePoint 2010. News regarding the next version of Microsoft Office; Office 2010 is also surfacing. As I regularly get questions from customers regarding both products I thought I’d pull together a list of useful resources and information.
So, what is SharePoint 2010 ?
What will I need to use SharePoint 2010?
What other things can I do to get ready for SharePoint 2010?
- If you’re thinking about deploying SharePoint, we recommend 64-bit hardware as the way forward
- Deploy Service Pack 2 for Windows SharePoint Service 3.0 and Service Pack 2 for SharePoint Server 2007
- Run the Upgrade Checker Tool
- Continue to follow best practices in your SharePoint Server 2007 environment
- Developers should check-out the Visual Studio 2008 extensions for Windows SharePoint Services (VSeWSS), version 1.3
- Developers should take a look at LINQ and Silverlight development
Where can I get more info on SharePoint 2010?
- At the SharePoint Conference 2009!
- At the SharePoint 2010 FAQ
- The Official SharePoint Sneak Peak site
- Check-out the SharePoint 2010 video demo
- Keep up-to-date with this blog!
What is Office 2010?
|The next version of Microsoft Office. Office 2010 aims to “give you rich and powerful new ways to deliver your best work – whether you’re at work, home, or school – on a computer, Web browser, or Smartphone”.|
What is new in Office 2010?
- See here for videos regarding Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and other Office 2010 client applications
Where can I get info on Office 2010 (client)?
- At the Office 2010 Movie Site
- At the Microsoft.com Site
- Consider signing up to the Office 2010 Tech Preview
I hope the above information has wet your appetite. We hope to share lots more information with you once more details can be released to the public. Enjoy!
This blog post was published by: