This year, Microsoft in Education are laying on a variety of different webinars of a diverse series of topics, all hosted by teachers and experts from all over the UK. They are all free to join, so register for as many as you’d like, and learn new tricks and trips to apply in your classroom! Don’t worry if you can’t make the live session at the time, as all of our webinars are being recorded, and will be available on demand afterwards. These webinars are designed by teachers wanting to tell stories about how different technologies and techniques can be applied, as well as sharing best practises for personal development. Below is the latest on our current series, the Azure Education series.
Azure in Education – Webinar Series 2017
Azure is a powerful tool for research and education, and Microsoft provides a number of programs to meet the needs of academic institutions. Some of the more popular services in Azure for faculty include:
- Virtual Machines: Run Windows or Linux virtual machines in the cloud
- Mobile Services: Includes features that accelerate the development of mobile applications
- Media Services: Create, manage, or distribute media
- Cloud Services: Build or extend existing enterprise applications
- Big Data: Process enormous amounts of data
Azure has some great features available for academic institutions to make the most of their education infrastructure
- PaaS/SaaS – Predictive analytics; disaster recovery; and 360-degree data insights
- Hybrid – Single dashboard monitoring; connectivity to apps and devices across both public and private clouds; and both cloud and on premise backup solutions
- Identity – Single sign-on; rights management
Our monthly Azure webinars will be covering the most pressing topics in the Azure Education space, as well as latest developments to the upcoming roadmap. Make sure to tune in so you don't miss out. We have number of live webinars in the coming weeks, as well as recordings from previous sessions available on-demand:
Don’t forget that all of our content is also available on-demand afterwards, so if you cannot make the allotted time, don’t worry it will still be there for you afterwards!
Alternatively, please register to watch our other webinars based on a variety of different content here.