Next month, Microsoft is offering the chance for any schools to join us during our week-long event based here at the Microsoft UK headquarters in Reading. The event is hosted by EduConnect, a team with the aim to connect schools across the UK with Microsoft employees to better students’ futures using technology. If you and your school would like to attend the below event, please contact us ASAP at FY17EduconnectUK.
Microsoft’s EduConnect would like to take the chance to formally invite you to join us for EduWeek. This will be taking place during between 3rd-5th May at Microsoft HQ, in Reading.
EduWeek aims to engage with both our students and educators. The aim of the week is to raise awareness of our ‘National Empowerment Plan’ (NEP) and what Microsoft is doing in education, STEM & skills to contribute towards it. We will be joined by many members of our senior leadership team here in the UK – including MD Cindy Rose – some of whom will be directly engaging with students.
We want to illustrate the NEP initiative with inspiring and hands on workshops with students. Themes of the week will include:
- Women in Tech.
- Student engagement
- Digital skills
- Diversity and inclusion
- Potential career prospects
There are three open-days available:
- 3rd of May: Women in tech – A day designed to introduce young women to the different careers available within the Tech Industry. The day’s agenda includes keynotes from leading Microsoft employees as well as workshops where students can design their own future technologies and apps based of existing products that Microsoft has in team exercises.
- 4th of May: Diversity and Inclusion – A day designed to highlight the importance and relevance of inclusion at Microsoft with keynote speakers as well as different workshops, such as Young People in Business and a live demonstration of how Microsoft Learning Tools for OneNote has enhanced students who live with dyslexia.
- 5th of May: Tech workshop – A hands on workshop designed to introduce students into the world of Coding using the BBC micro:bit. The sessions are as follows: 9:30 – 12pm or 1 pm – 3:30 pm.
If you are interested, please email FY17EduconnectUK ASAP with the following:
- Date(s) you wish to attend.
- The number of students you wish to bring, and their ages.
At present we are limiting numbers to 10 students per school on each day, so please register now to avoid missing out.
We look forward to seeing you there!