Windows 10 launched on 29th July 2015, almost a year ago to the day. Upon launch we also announced that users of qualified Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 devices could upgrade to Windows 10 in the first year following the official launch. We're here to remind you that the deadline is approaching, and time is running out for you and your school to receive your free upgrade.
There are many features already included in Windows 10 - and more on the way! - that will continue to empower teachers and students to transform teaching and learning. Just some of the Education specific features and apps available within Windows 10 include:
- Microsoft Whiteboard - Draw, write, create interactive lessons and even bring your doodles to real life.
- FluidMath - computes, solves, and graphs your hand-drawn math notation and makes it easy to create tables, sliders, and animate sketches.
- 'Take a test' App - Digitally forming online tests for students to perform in the classroom.
- Set up your classroom PCs in just 3 steps.
- Minecraft Education Edition - a collaborative, and versatile platform for learning.
If you are seeking to take advantage of the free upgrade offer before July 29th, we have a simple hands-on guide for everyone looking to upgrade their school to Windows 10, and takes you through the whole process, including:
- Assembling your upgrade toolkit
- Getting the upgrade started
- Finishing the upgrade
- Upgrade complete–what comes next?
Read more: Windows 10 Upgrade Guide for Schools
Act today to take advantage of our best Windows ever.
- Is the Windows you already know, only better
- Starts up an average of 28% faster** than Windows 7
- Is designed to work with software and hardware you already own
- Provides the most personal and productive experiences across a range of versatile devices
It will also protect your school from modern security threats and keep your school up to date with the latest innovations.
Windows 10 Upgrade Offer is valid for qualified Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 devices, including devices you already own. Some hardware/software requirements apply and feature availability may vary by device and market. The availability of Windows 10 upgrade for Windows Phone 8.1 devices may vary by OEM, mobile operator or carrier. Devices must be connected to the internet and have Windows Update enabled. Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update required. Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1. Active Software Assurance customers in volume licensing have the benefit to upgrade to Windows 10 enterprise offerings outside of this offer. To check for compatibility and other important installation information, visit your device manufacturer's website and the Windows 10 Specifications page. Additional requirements may apply over time for updates. Security and features are kept automatically up-to-date which is always enabled. See the Windows 10 How to Upgrade page for details.