There are now less than two weeks remaining for students to enter the 2016 MOS World Championship, with the final qualifying round closing on May 15th.
To participate, students must first take and pass a qualifying MOS exam in Word, Excel or ***NEW FOR 2016*** PowerPoint (2010 or 2013) during one of the Qualifying Rounds to be eligible for invitation to the UK Final in June 2016.
This year 18 students from England and Wales will be joined by the top two students from the newly introduced MOS Scotland Championship, to compete in the finals of the MOS UK Championship on June 15th 2016 at Microsoft's London Paddington offices.
The first qualifying round has already been completed, with the following nine students from England and Wales having already secured their place in the UK finals:
- Esme Spry (Gloucester High School for Girls)
- Georgia Haigh (Gloucester High School for Girls)
- Harmish Mehta (London School of Economics and Political Science)
- Isobel Baldwin (Gloucester High School for Girls)
- Logan Cooper (Ormiston Park Academy)
- Megan Rayner (Gloucester High School for Girls)
- Molly Wilde (Bournemouth School for Girls)
- Sarah Gunenc (Lodge Park Academy)
- Taylor Neal (Bournemouth School for Girls)
The event on June 15th will find the top two students in the UK, who will win the trip of a lifetime to represent the UK at the final round of the MOS World Championship at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida from August 7th to 10th, and the chance to be crowned MOS World Champion (with a top prize $7,500 USD)!
21st Century Skills
MOS Certifications are a great way for students to develop and demonstrate their skills in a variety of Microsoft Office applications - skills that are highly sought after by today's employers. By entering the MOS England and Wales or MOS Scotland competitions, students will be able to improve their understanding and competencies in these areas.
Click here for further information and to enter the 2016 MOS World Championship.