We’re thrilled to be able to share with you details of an event being hosted by one of Microsoft Global Showcase Schools here in the UK. March 25th will see Developing a school’s Digital Strategy, a free event for Headteachers and School Technology Leads held at Simon de Senlis Primary School.Conﬁrmed Speakers so far include Steve Beswick, (Microsoft Education UK Senior Director) and Tom Rees, (Headteacher at Simon de Senlis Primary). We’d love for Headteachers and School Technology Leads to join us for a morning focusing on Developing a school’s Digital Strategy, and later exploring some of the big questions at the moment around technology in schools, devices, software procurement and technical support.
The Digital Strategy Agenda
The morning will be broken into the following segments:
‣ Better Learning with Technology – How to build a digital strategy around your school vision and curriculum.
‣ The Big Picture – Hear from Microsoft about how technology and education is changing across the world.
‣ 1 to 1 devices – What is it? How can it work in a Primary School? Different models of deployment.
‣ New and Free Software – Find out about how tools such as OneNote, Sway, Office 365 and Minecraft are being used to transform learning.
‣ Workshops – Attend technical, teacher-led or school leader workshops of your choice.
‣ Next Steps Discussion and Networking
About the speakers
Steve Beswick has run Microsoft Education in the UK for eight years – a period which has held unprecedented change in both technology and education worldwide. Steve will share his experience and give some insight into education technology now and in the future.
Tom Rees is Headteacher at Simon de Senlis, one of only two Microsoft Global Showcase Primary Schools in the UK and will share the school’s vision and journey so far around the use of technology.
When: Wednesday, 25th March 2015
Where: Simon de Senlis Primary School, Hilldrop Road, East-Hunsbury
Time: 8.30am – 11.30am
Please note, this event is for Headteachers and School Technology Leads – we look forward to seeing you there!