Greetings Innovative Teachers,
Would you like to join a visionary community of educators passionate about improving student outcomes through use of technology?
At Microsoft, we believe that technology alone cannot build 21st century skills for students. We believe in the power of the educator, and the impact educators can have when they are brought together and recognized for their achievements.
Each year, Microsoft selects innovative educator experts (MIE Experts) to be part of this exclusive global community who are paving the way for their peers to share ideas, try new approaches and learn from each other. Participants of the program can expect:
- Free Microsoft tools and technology
- Exclusive professional development opportunities
- To develop your personal “brand” and career as a thought leader by participating in case studies, speaking engagements and content development
- Eligibility to earn an all-expense paid trip to the Microsoft Educator Exchange (E2) in Redmond, Washington in April 2015.
As an MiE – Expert your role in the Community will be to:
- Build educator capacity for using technology in both the classroom and curriculum to improve student learning
- Advise Microsoft and educational institutions on how to integrate technology in pedagogically sound ways
- Be an advocate at conferences, events and trainings for how Microsoft technology can improve learning
Get started with 4 easy steps:
Step One: Review program commitments
Step Two: Join the Microsoft Educator Network (MSEN) and complete your profile
Step Three: Submit a learning activity. Learning activities are typically project-based or inquiry-based activities that exemplify the use of 21st century teaching practices.
Step Four: Send an email to your region’s email address per the instructions on the Educator Network with a link to your profile and a link to your learning activity on the Microsoft Educator Network before 15 October, 2014.
Thank you for your commitment to teaching and learning. We look forward to your innovative learning ideas!