Originally posted on Microsoft UK Teachers Blog.
Have you started back to school and have thought,’ I wondered what else I could do?’ I remember that moment. Luckily for me I found an opportunity with with Microsoft. Now it could be you! Tablet Academy in association with Microsoft are looking for the right person to be part of an exciting project based at our London Offices in Victoria.
We are looking for a teacher/trainer/consultant with excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Windows platform and use of mobile devices in a school environment
Have a look at the details below. If you have questions – Tweet me @innovativeteach
The closing date is soon. So get in touch if you have questions or an interest.
It could be you ..
• £40,000 per annum plus potential bonuses/commissions.
• Reasonable Travel Expenses to the place of work at Cardinal Place (Victoria)
• One-year contract with potential longer-term employment opportunities.
• 1st October 2014 start date or a soon as.
• Full time position (40 hours per week)
3 days a week delivering the Windows 8 experience at the centre:
• Hosting experiential days for senior educators, ministers, teachers and industry partners within the purpose built environment.
• Developing new learning experiences within the purpose built environment.
• Teaching/presenting/training within the space.
• Promoting activities online through social media and blogs.
• Supporting Microsoft and it's partners to develop new ideas for innovative use of the space.
2 days a week supporting the Tablet Academy within the UK:
• Delivering on-site CPD for teachers at schools.
• Delivering workshops in schools with students using tablets and technology.
• Developing learning materials and lesson plans around the use of tablets in the classroom (from home).
• Supporting Tablet Academy and Partner events through delivering hands-on activities and potential Keynote presentations.
• Business development (from home).
Required Skills and competencies
• Experience and understanding of teaching using technology creatively.
• A passion for Microsoft Technologies.
• A good understanding of cloud technologies such as Office 365 which supports the Microsoft Cloud First / Mobile First philosophy.
• Comfortable with tablet pedagogies, 21st century teaching and learning and new pedagogic approaches.
• An understanding of the responsibilities a teacher has in their day-to-day role within a school.
• Ability to adapt and learn new technologies.
• Good communication/presentation skills for hosting and training.
• Organisational skills required for managing your own diary and responsibilities.
• Creative thinking involved in developing and delivering engaging lessons.
• Good social media skills or eagerness to engage in social media.
• Able to commute/work in London.
• The successful candidate will manage his or her own day-to-day diary and tasks.
• They will report direct to the Tablet Academy and Managing Director Mark Yorke.
• They will receive full Tablet Academy support in the form of email, office 365 account and CPD support if required.
• They will also communicate directly with the Microsoft Education team regarding the centre activities.
• You will be expected to take holiday during the school holidays identified by the City of London Council.
• Your contract will include 30 days paid holiday including public Bank Holidays.
- Please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01384 573330.
- For further information about Tablet Academy please visit www.tablet-academy.com
• Applicants should email a covering letter highlighting why you feel you would be right for the position along with an up-to-date CV to email@example.com.
• Posted applications can be sent to Tablet Academy, Red House Glass Cone, High Street, Wordsley, Stourbridge, DY8 4AZ.
Application closing date
• 12th September 2014.
• Successful candidates will be informed on by the 13th September 2014
• Successful candidates will be invited to attend an interview at Microsoft Offices, Cardinal Place, Victoria, London on 25th September 2014 (am)
• Candidates will be asked to deliver a 10 minute presentation about their experiences in teaching with tablets and Microsoft technologies followed by questions from a panel of 4-5 people from Tablet Academy and the Microsoft Education team.