With the Naace Strategic Conference 2014 fast approaching, I just wanted to take this opportunity to share a quick update to outline what we are planning for the event this year.
Meeting up with members of the community is always the best part of attending the Naace Conference and we are looking forward to hearing about all the inspiring stories from delegates about how technology is being used to transform teaching and learning.
From a Microsoft at Naace 2014 perspective, we are delivering a keynote session on the Friday of the conference. This will be delivered in association with our friends at the Tablet Academy and will focus on the impact of mobile devices on teaching and learning within an era of 24/7/365 digital access.
This will be closely followed by our Breakout session, again on the Friday, where we will be offering delegates an opportunity to experience Windows 8 within in an Interactive Classroom style environment. This breakout will be delivered by the Tablet Academy and will offer delegates attending the session the opportunity to get their hands on a Windows 8 Tablet and work through some real teaching & learning scenarios.
For those who visited our stand at BETT 2014, and our interactive classroom in particular, we will be running a 45 minute session version of the sessions we delivered at the show back in January. If you are curious about how Windows 8 tablets can make a real impact within your school, this is the session for you!
We will also have a number of mini interactive classroom style sessions running on our stand within the exhibition area. Pop by if you have any specific questions or want to explore specific apps, such as CreateBook, in more detail.
Lastly, we will be sponsoring the TeachMeet session on the Thursday evening before the main dinner. We hope you can join us for a drink and to get to check out some of the great content being delivered ahead of the main evening dinner.
A more specific overview of both the keynote and the breakout session is below.
- Title: "Education in the Age of the Individual”. Discusses the impact of mobile devices on teaching where individuals have access to learning content and services 24/7/365
- Synopsis: Technology is empowering students and educators as well as creating new and exciting methods of learning that touch our lives 24/7/365. As we transition into an era of personalised, on-demand and global learning, the device acts as the hub and gateway into a world of lifelong learning. This session discusses the impact that mobile devices have on the learner and educator in the ‘age of the individual’.
- Speakers: Graham Fox (Microsoft) and Steve Molyneux (Tablet Academy)
- Time: Friday @ 10.05am
- Title: Tablets in Education: Windows 8 Interactive Classroom – An opportunity for delegates to experience Windows 8 within in an Interactive Classroom environment with a real focus on Teaching & Learning
- Synopsis: Time to pick up a Windows Tablet and get active at our interactive classroom session. This session is geared towards providing practical tips about how tablets can be used in the classroom to transform teaching and learning.
- Speakers: Steve Molyneux and Mark Yorke (Tablet Academy)
- Time: Friday @ 11am
We hope to see you there!