Guest post from Caroline Monaghan, RM Education.
The Acer Iconia W3 is the perfect device for schools who want a full version of Windows 8 on a tablet at a really affordable price of £233 (ex VAT) from RM Education. Also, the W3 comes with "Office Home and Student 2013” edition pre-installed, allowing students to start editing and sharing documents straight away. It's a nice compact device, small enough to hold in one hand, yet has a screen large enough for everyday educational use.
It’s perfect for students as it is easy to carry, making it convenient to read, browse and work on the go, and with a battery life of up to eight hours, the Acer W3 will last for the entire school day. Running Windows 8 means students can use the power of MS Office to edit documents, and keep their work sync’ed across all their Windows 8 devices with SkyDrive. An optional full-size keyboard which also acts as a stand means typing out essays is straightforward.
With Windows 8 built-in security and networking capabilities, students can work safely and, having access to all existing Windows applications as well as apps from the App Store, be productive with this tablet in ways other devices cannot support.
Key product benefits for education:
- Touchscreen interface optimised with Windows 8 promotes pupil engagement and interaction
- Full multi-user capabilities: keep users’ data and settings separate from other accounts to allow true device sharing
- Full MS Office experience: create and edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote documents on the go. The W3 comes with "Office Home and Student 2013” edition pre-installed, allowing productivity from the first switch-on
- Supports all the security and control mechanisms found in existing Windows deployments. Devices be domain joined for optimal control, or used as 1:1 or shared devices with exactly the control you require
- Thousands of apps available in the Windows App Store are specialised for education
- 8 hour battery life. One charge will last the school day
More information about the device is available via the RM website.