The next generation of unified comms in education
Guest post by Anthony Nneke
I am the School Business Manager at Microsoft and I am keen to connect with you to understand how I can help support you in maximising the potential of your education institution. I have been working with schools like yours for several years now, and during this time three major priorities have become apparent to me:
1. The need to enable and provide remote learning;
2. To provide efficient, effective & reliable ways for your users to communicate; and
3. To reduce costs on communications bills.
Do you want to improve communication within your school? Do you want to embrace remote learning?
Microsoft Lync as a service can achieve all of the above for you and much more. Lync can not only expand the classroom, it can support school initiatives such as:
- Extra revision classes
- Remote classes for incidence such as snow days
- Help students or staff on long term sick, or other unforeseen events resulting in students or staff not being able to arrive at school
- Classes can be taught remotely and meetings can be held remotely, files can be shared to speed up collaboration activities, desktops can be shared for admin support purposes or indeed, for conferences
Lync can be connected to school whiteboards, on mobile devices and can ultimately be used as a full unified communications systems as it has the full telephony capabilities of an IP PBX.
Find out just how you can utilise this great service and register for our forthcoming Lync in School webinars on 14th 20th 21st March respectively. Please register by email below.