By September 2013, all Live@edu customers will need to complete the upgrade to Office 365 for education. Microsoft will start to schedule your institution for the upgrade soon. By completing the upgrade process prior to the scheduled date, you control the upgrade timeline.
Live@edu administrative changes coming December 2012
While we work to improve the upgrade experience, starting December 3, 2012, these administrative features will not be available until your institution upgrade is complete:
• Add or remove accepted domains to your institution subscription
• Change your institution mailing address and phone number within the Service Management Portal (SMP)
• Modify co-branding. Note: Co-branding is not supported in the Office 365 Exchange Online service.
Consider making these changes prior to December 3, if you need to take any actions.
Get Started Today
The Office 365 upgrade builds on your existing Live@edu deployment—mailboxes, calendars, and contacts do not move, and there is no need to re-provision accounts. We provide the tools and guidance at each stage—simply follow along by using the upgrade planning worksheet. Use it to estimate how much time you will need for the key tasks required before, during and after the upgrade.
1. Download the Upgrade Planning Worksheet. This tool provides customized guidance to plan each phase of the upgrade. Start by selecting the scenarios that apply to your Live@edu configuration.
2. Prepare for the upgrade. Review the outcome of the upgrade planning worksheet and visit the upgrade center to better understand each step in the upgrade process.
3. Start the upgrade to Office 365.