Firstly, Happy New Year! I hope that your Christmas and New Year celebrations were fun filled, action packed or a chance to unwind and relax before starting a new year and a new term in school.
I know many of you will be attending the BETT show 2011, taking place from Wednesday 12th –Saturday 15th January at the Olympia in London. As usual Microsoft have got a big stand (a very different stand to previous years I may add….. ) and we look forward to seeing you if you pop by and take a look at what we have to offer.
Key themes this year – all of which will be shown off on our demo pods by both Microsoft staff and staff from schools using Microsoft products covering:-
- The Cloud in Education
- Cost Saving
- Innovative teaching and learning
Six schools from around the UK will present in our theatre. This year we have:
- George Purdy from Monkseaton demonstrating Office 2010 and OneNote 2010 used by both students and teachers to assist with learning in the school
- Alan Enfield from New Line Learning Academy presenting Innovative Curriculum Delivery
- Dan Roberts from Saltash Community College is excited to explain how using products and equipment already in schools doesn’t have to cost anything in his presentation Innovation for Free
- Louise Dorian, Ray Chambers and Guy Shearer sharing stories of how Collaborative Learning has been a success at Lodge Park Technology College
- Alan Richards from West Hatch School has fantastic stories on Cost Saving in school and how anyone can make small changes with big results
- Karel Klatovsky at Gymnazium Litomercie is flying in from the Czech Republic to present on Cost Saving and MultiPoint Server
- and finally our very own Ray Fleming and Mark Stewart are going to show what’s next for Microsoft in their Futures presentation.
If you are staying in London for BETT and will be staying over on Wednesday, I have managed to blag 20 VIP invitations for our blog readers to come along on the evening of Wednesday 12th January and join both Microsoft, partners and schools at the Office 365 for education Party taking place at Eighty-Six Restaurant, London for 2 hours of drinks and canapés If you would like an invite, please contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org and I will reserve one for you. You can collect the invite from myself on Wednesday at our stand.
I look forward to seeing you at our stand – you can’t miss us….. we’re the bright orange one…. in the middle…..