Whether you will be deploying Windows 7 over the summer or just want to know more about what is involved, this one hour live meeting will give you an overview of the tools and methods available to deploy Windows 7 effectively, as well as giving you the chance to ask questions. This Live Meeting session will be jointly presented by Microsoft and one of our education partners, Design & Management Systems, who have great experience in helping a number of UK education organisations to effectively migrate to Windows 7.
We will look at the tools and techniques available to streamline your deployments including:
- How to simplify assessing your current PC estate for suitability
- Checking your application compatibility – and reducing the impact of any that aren’t compatible
- Application deployment methods to reduce your workload
- Creating an MDT 2010 file structure– that can go on differing makes and models of PCs
- Capturing and migrating existing user data
- Automating deployments – from light touch to zero touch installations
The information level in this session will be relevant for school IT managers and technicians.
As it is a Live Meeting, you don’t need to leave your desk, and no travel is needed – you can simply logon to the Live Meeting website, and you can join in, and ask questions as we go along.
Dates and Times
- Option 1: Tuesday June 22nd 10:30 – 11:30
- Option 2: Friday June 25th – 15:00 – 16:00
You will need a PC with a web browser and either headphones or a telephone to hear the audio - To save time before the meeting, you can easily check your system to make sure it is ready to use Microsoft Office Live Meeting, using this link