entrustIT is a Microsoft Gold partner, based in Hampshire, who have introduced a model of managing ICT in schools which helps primary schools to cope with the challenge of providing a flexible ICT system, without having to have IT technicians on tap 24 hours a day. In a nutshell, it is a service where you run software remotely – at entrustIT’s data centre – which means that you have a lot less IT to manage at your school.
entrustIT & Microsoft are hosting a free seminar for Primary schools next term at our offices in Reading, with a local primary school talking about their experience of using the entrustIT Education Desktop system. The seminar is on 25th September.
Jeff Dodd, entrustIT’s Managing Director, sent me some more information:
The entrustIT Education Desktop is a virtual ICT solution developed for Schools that brings a new level of reliability, stability and consistency to IT for schools. The system addresses the major challenges that limit the exploitation of IT in the classroom. It enables you to:
- Take advantage of the latest advances in education technology. Spend less time troubleshooting and more on what matters – engaging and motivating your students to reach their full potential.
- Increase the PC to student ratio to make lessons more accessible and interactive than ever before.
- Communicate beyond the limits of the classroom. By providing 24x7 access to ICT teachers and students can share information and work together anytime, anywhere and with anyone.
The Education desktop provides a platform for the integration of ICT into the curriculum and an ideal platform for the delivery of future initiatives.
The seminar will be useful for both ICT Co-ordinators and head teachers of primary schools
When and Where?
25 September 2008 from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm, at the Microsoft Campus in Reading.
- 09.30 Registration & Coffee
- 10.00 Introduction and Welcome (entrustIT)
- 10.15 Market Background and Roadmap (Microsoft)
- 11:00 Break
- 11.15 Demonstration - entrustIT Schools Desktop (entrustIT)
- 12.15 Lunch
- 13.15 Case Study – Churchend Primary School, Reading (entrustIT and School)
- 13.45 Benefits, Pricing and Next Steps (entrustIT)
- 14.30 Q&A and Close
To register for the event, drop an email to my colleague Bonami, who’ll add you to the list, and send you venue confirmation details.