entrustIT is a Microsoft Gold partner, based in Hampshire, who have introduced a model of managing ICT in schools which helps primary schools to cope with the challenge of providing a flexible ICT system, without having to have IT technicians on tap 24 hours a day. In a nutshell, it is a service where you run software remotely – at entrustIT’s data centre – which means that you have a lot less IT to manage at your school.
entrustIT & Microsoft are hosting a free seminar for Primary schools next term at our offices in Reading, with a local primary school talking about their experience of using the entrustIT Education Desktop system. The seminar is on 25th September.
Jeff Dodd, entrustIT’s Managing Director, sent me some more information:
The entrustIT Education Desktop is a virtual ICT solution developed for Schools that brings a new level of reliability, stability and consistency to IT for schools. The system addresses the major challenges that limit the exploitation of IT in the classroom. It enables you to:
- Take advantage of the latest advances in education technology. Spend less time troubleshooting and more on what matters – engaging and motivating your students to reach their full potential.
- Increase the PC to student ratio to make lessons more accessible and interactive than ever before.
- Communicate beyond the limits of the classroom. By providing 24×7 access to ICT teachers and students can share information and work together anytime, anywhere and with anyone.
The Education desktop provides a platform for the integration of ICT into the curriculum and an ideal platform for the delivery of future initiatives.
The seminar will be useful for both ICT Co-ordinators and head teachers of primary schools
When and Where?
25 September 2008 from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm, at the Microsoft Campus in Reading.
- 09.30 Registration & Coffee
- 10.00 Introduction and Welcome (entrustIT)
- 10.15 Market Background and Roadmap (Microsoft)
- 11:00 Break
- 11.15 Demonstration – entrustIT Schools Desktop (entrustIT)
- 12.15 Lunch
- 13.15 Case Study – Churchend Primary School, Reading (entrustIT and School)
- 13.45 Benefits, Pricing and Next Steps (entrustIT)
- 14.30 Q&A and Close
To register for the event, drop an email to my colleague Bonami, who’ll add you to the list, and send you venue confirmation details.