With all the hype around hosted solutions, S+S and Hyper-V the licensing implications have been drowned out. Book in for this session to get yourselves up to speed.
Tuesday, July 31, 2008
8:00 – 9:00 AM Pacific Time (GMT-07:00)
Partner Type: Distributor, Enterprise Software Advisor, Independent Software Vendor, Large Account Reseller, Original Equipment Manufacturer, Regional Solution Partner, Systems Integrator, Value Added Reseller
Partner Role: Architect, Exec/Owner, Sales
Microsoft offers numerous virtualization solutions, and proactive licensing policies, that provide a flexible framework for cost-effective virtualization. This session is intended to share the Microsoft licensing strategy for Virtualized environments, and provide best practices around engaging and working with customers in each area.
In this session we will cover:
• A Virtualization overview, understanding the different areas of Virtualization
• An overview of Server Virtualization, V-Motion (live Migration), Disaster Recovery and Clustering and the Licensing Ramification of each
• A look at emerging areas of Virtualization like (VDI, VECD, ACE and Kidaro) and concerns and questions you should be asking
• How to talk licensing to a VMware customer, and using Microsoft’s proactive licensing story as an asset in those conversations.
• And overview of the significant licensing changes Microsoft will be announcing come 8/1.