Guest post from Lee Wise, Pythagoras.
Higher Education Institutions are facing increased competition, the need to become more commercially adept and are charged with increasing student satisfaction in order to attract and retain the highest calibre students.
Universities’ with inflexible and costly legacy BI solutions, are failing to leverage their existing investments in the Microsoft Cloud, missing the opportunity to provide users with a familiar experience across applications that drive productivity and informed decision making.
What is Power BI for Office 365?
Power BI is a cloud based service that works with Excel and Office 365 to provide a complete self-service business intelligence (BI) solution. With Power BI for Office 365 and Excel, you can give key staff within your University a powerful new way to leverage the plethora of data stored across the University to make strategic business decisions.
- Clean, transform and merge data with Power Query.
- Bring together large data sets easily with Power Pivot.
- Bring your data alive with dynamic visualisations from Power View and Power Maps.
- Collaborate around reports and data sets with Power BI sites and stay connected with mobile access.
- Dive into your data with natural language Q&A to create natural insights.
- All part of Power BI in the cloud with Office 365.
How can this benefit your University?
Empowers recruitment and marketing teams with insight into past recruitment trends including:
- Top feeder colleges and schools
- Best past performing students by course and region (Nationally and Internationally)
- Top performing courses by region
Delivering exceptional student experiences
Delivering a reputation for student satisfaction and excellence is quickly becoming the most critical selling point for prospective students investing up to £27,000 over a three year course.
- Activity status in current academic year
- Performance in year one against trends
- Accommodation status against performance
- Student performance against student funding / assistance
Understand your Alumni and Commercial Relationships
Understanding and promoting your alumni is critical for attracting new students and positioning your University as a true educational leader.
- Alumni employment status against course and / or academic year.
- Most profitable commercial relationships
- Uncover potential revenue opportunities with current commercial relationships
Join Microsoft and Pythagoras on Tuesday 12th October for an Executive Briefing on Power BI and Office 365 for Higher Education http://www.pythagoras.co.uk/power-bi-for-education-briefing
Pythagoras are a leading Microsoft partner specialising in delivering business transformation with the Microsoft productivity suite (Dynamics CRM, Office 365, Power BI, SharePoint, Yammer) to Further and Higher Education.