Guest post by Anthony Nneke
Microsoft IT Academy is our Membership Program that provides Institutions with discounted curriculum learning resources and exams. IT Academy helps Institutions deliver Microsoft Qualifications to their IT Staff, Teachers and Students respectively. The Microsoft IT Academy Curriculum offers today’s students the hands on skills and experience that they will need to succeed in their education and their careers. With Microsoft Certification, students can validate those skills and pursue a career path in business or technology.
Did you know that you can add IT Academy to your current Volume Licensing Agreement e.g. EES, OVS-ES, and School Agreements, at a special discounted rate?
IT Academy program members receive attractive price reductions on Microsoft certification exams aimed at enabling skills development and certification for their students and staff.
As part of the IT Academy Program subscription, members receive free Digital MOAC Courseware from Wiley on Office and MTA curriculum, Free Teachers Certification Starter Kits (10 MOS, 20 MTA) New Welcome packs with USB keys, posters etc and enhanced ELearning and EReference Libraries, including Office 365 and Windows 8 content and more…
Microsoft Certification Road Map
The Microsoft Certification Roadmap is designed to help members choose their certification and career path. It provides a guide to Microsoft certifications in the following areas:
· MOS (Microsoft Office Specialist) an industry recognised qualification that enables students to tap the full functionality of the Microsoft Office programs and ensure students leave with skills that will increase their employment opportunities.
· MTA (Microsoft Technology Associate) for students looking for a career in technology, the MTA certification validates core technology concepts in infrastructure, database and development.
(MTA exams and classroom content are included as benefits within the Microsoft IT Academy program subscription)
· MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) supports the IT Staff professional development and goes toward their CPD points.
As an IT Academy Program member, you are entitled to a variety of resources that can help you save time.
· Customisable lesson plans
Downloadable and customisable lesson plans help you save time on class preparation and hone in on which topics are most important for a given technology.
· Tool to create online courses
The Microsoft Learning Content Development System (LCDS) is a complimentary tool that enables you to create high-quality, interactive, online courses and Microsoft Silverlight Learning Snacks.
· Course completion certificates
Access to a customisable course completion certificate. Just download the certificate, add your school logo, insert the course and student information, then print and distribute. Course completion certificates are a great way to recognize the achievement of students that take and pass your course.
· Marketing resources to promote your IT Academy
Unlimited access to marketing materials to promote your IT Academy and special offers within the program.
· Digital Literacy course
Online courses to help you and students develop a fundamental understanding of computers and the essential skills you need to begin computing with confidence.
As an IT Academy member, you are also entitled to academic pricing on a variety of materials that help you teach and get certified.
· Academic pricing on Microsoft Official Curriculum
Advanced-level members receive academic pricing on Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) textbooks, designed for three- to five-day courses, seminars, and workshops.
· Academic pricing on Microsoft Official Academic Courseware
All members receive academic pricing on Microsoft Official Academic Course (MOAC) textbooks, designed for semester- and quarter-based courses.
· Academic pricing on Microsoft Technical Certification exams
All members receive academic pricing on Microsoft Certification exams for students, educators, and other staff members.
· Discounts on E-Reference Library subscriptions from Microsoft Press
All members receive a 60 percent discount on annual subscriptions to the Full E-Reference Library, which is the complete collection of E-Reference Libraries for Microsoft Press.
· Discounts on Microsoft Certified Trainer memberships
All members receive a 25 percent discount on enrollments in the Microsoft Certified Trainer program for qualified educators.
IT Academy is a great example for Institutions to showcase their commitment to their Student Learning, by enabling the institution to be a certified Microsoft IT Academy Centre that up skills their IT staff and supports their Teacher learning plans and empowers students to boost their employability potential.
For Further Information on how to sign up for IT Academy please contact the Education Team at email@example.com or alternatively contact your reseller.