Over the next week, we are moving the thousands of blogs that run on the blogs.msdn.com site over to a completely new web platform, which will give us lots of new ways of keeping in touch. We’ve had a trial run already, and it seems to be pretty smooth.
However, whilst the change is happening, there are a couple of things you need to know about:
- For the week ahead, we won’t be writing any new blog posts, whilst the thousands of blogs are moved across. It’s a massive job, because we’re moving all of the blog posts, and all of the comments you’ve made in the past, onto the new site.
- Also in the week ahead, I’m afraid you won’t be able to add any new comments onto the blog – from Sunday 16th May through to Sunday 23rd May. Of course, if you’ve got something important to say to us, you can still use the “email” button on the menu bar. And I’m sure many of you know that you can reach us on Twitter and other places.
We’ve also decided that we’re going to take the opportunity, whilst the builders are in, to revamp the site a little, to make it look a little nicer too. When we come back, on Monday 24th May, you’ll hopefully notice the difference, and I’m sure you’ll be good enough to rush in with your thoughts and comments.
Ben, Kristen, Stuart, Mark and I, who all blog for the UK Education team, are poring over our colour charts. To be honest, everybody’s choice is being influenced by their own life.
- Ben’s food habits leave him quite keen on blueberry white.
- Kristen’s got her eye on Red, White and Blue.
- Stuart, who’s from Wales, seems to think Urban Obsession works
- And Mark A’Bear has chosen a Silver Fox colour.
- Just like at home, I’m never allowed to choose colours.
We’ll just have to see decide on something we get to next weekend
And just think – we’ll have hopefully stored up a few interesting blog posts for you to read in seven days.