Today’s briefing event covered a lot of ground, and a lot of questions from the audience too. If you were there, then you’re probably reading this to download the slides. And if you weren’t, then the slides will be a start to understanding what you missed!
Here are the links for all of the downloads:
- Introduction & Higher Education Overview
from Dominic Watts and Steve Beswick of Microsoft
- Alternative IT Delivery Methods – the King’s College London story
from Lynne Tucker, Chief Technology Officer and Director of IT Systems
- The Software + Services mix
from Chris Rothwell of Microsoft
- Identity Management and SharePoint
from Martin Creevey of Salford Software
- SharePoint in Higher Education
from Vatro Popovic of Microsoft
- Looking ahead a decade: The future vision of work (video)
from Ray Fleming of Microsoft
A number of people asked me afterwards about the interactive tool I’d used for the presentation. And the secret is pptPlex, which is an add-in for PowerPoint 2007. It allows you to build amazingly interactive presentations, and also allows you to move around a storyboard in a completely non-linear way.
- SharePoint as a Learning Management System
from Kelvyn Hicks of eLearning Force
- Desktop Virtualisation
from David Hitchen
- And finally, instead of looking at Dominic’s Office 2010 slides, why not just download the beta and explore it yourself!
If you want all the presentations, follow this link to open the folder with all the presentations in SkyDrive.