Time to start being nice to the people that sign off your professional development budget? (I know, you always are…)
Tech Ed (also previously known as IT Forum) is in Barcelona again this year on the 3rd to the 7th November, and the agenda and registration information has just been released.
Tech Ed is the premier Microsoft technical education conference just for IT professionals. For five days, you and 5,000 of your peers will learn how to architect, plan, deploy, manage and secure a connected enterprise from Microsoft experts and industry leaders.
You’ll get the chance to meet new people, get new ideas and be a part of the experience, including:
- Breakout Sessions: More than 190 technical sessions cover the latest Microsoft-based products.
- Interactive Sessions: Interactive Sessions are small and informal and provide you with an opportunity to interact with speakers, to ask questions and discuss topics. They can be a chalk-talk, based around a whiteboard or even an extended walk-through of a demo or product feature presented at an earlier Breakout Session. Interactive Sessions are 30-75 minutes in length and delivered in theatre-style format in rooms seating a maximum of 80 people.
- Self Paced Hands-on Labs: Evaluate products from Microsoft and our most important industry partners.
- Panel Discussions: Panel Discussions are lively debates with a mix of industry experts and Microsoft product team members on stage answering your questions. Panel Discussions are 75 minutes in length and delivered in theatre-style format in rooms seating 140 to 700 people.
- Instructor-Led Labs: Led by Microsoft product team members and industry experts and supported by MCTs. Hands-on product evaluation using individual desktop workstations in sessions running for 75 minutes in length - on a first-come first-served basis.
- Product Demos: Fast-paced demos that provide an overview of products and technologies delivered during the Lunch break in theatre-style format in rooms seating 140 to 700 people for up to 45 minutes in length.
- Connections with the community: 5,000 IT professionals to meet. 5,000 opinions to consider. 5,000 wits to engage and experiences to share. Add Microsoft product team members and industry gurus to the mix, and you'll see why a Tech·Ed EMEA IT Professional crowd is like no other.
Just right for university IT Teams and IT Directors
Each year, 80+ delegates from UK universities attend the event – a number which has been increasing year-on-year. Which means that there’s a community of like-minded colleagues that you can share information with. Some of the MS UK Education team will be there too, and as usual we’ll be hosting a social evening, and a specific education session during the conference (Any ideas for what you’d like us to cover? That’s what the “Comment” button is for)
Many universities bring along 3 or 4 of the team – the agenda is so wide, and so deep, that it often makes sense to split up and go to different sessions, and then meet back up to compare notes.
Discount for UK Education customers
When you register, you can save over €1,500 (and with the Euro the way it is, that’s a bigger saving than last year!).
Register using our specific Academic registration code (DLACMM9M) and you’'ll only have to pay €695 Euros. (With the Euro the way it is, that’s a little more. But that’s for five days of conference and training!)
See you in Barcelona!
(Oh, if you’re one of those people that would prefer to go the Tech Ed Developers conference instead, which is a week later, then you too can have a discount code of DLACBF4J. But you won’t get any of the joy of meeting up with education team, as we’ll all be tucked up back in the UK again)